Statement of Faith
- The 66 Books of the Bible are the authoritative and living Word of God, inspired by Him. It is the final authority in all matters of faith and practice.
- There is one God, existing eternally in three Persons–Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. He is the Creator and Sustainer of the universe. He is holy and living. He is omnipotent (powerful), omniscient (all knowing), omnipresent (always present), and the ultimate authority in the universe.
- Jesus Christ, the eternal Second Person of the Trinity, was born of a virgin, lived on Earth incarnate, and is the one and only Savior of the world. He currently is at the right hand of God, and will return to earth to establish His Kingdom.
- The Holy Spirit is God’s presence in the world, testifying to Christ, convicting people of sin, and leading them to faith in Christ. He indwells every believer, enabling the believer to live the life God calls him/her to live.
- All people have sinned and thus incur God’s judgment and wrath. Jesus died an atoning death on the Cross, paying our penalty, and making forgiveness and life with God possible.
- Salvation is by grace, appropriated by repentance and by placing one’s faith in Jesus and His death and resurrection. The result is forgiveness of sins, a personal relationship with God, inclusion in the church universal, and assurance of eternal life.
- The local church is a visible expression of the universal church, comprised of baptized believers. Its two ordinances are believer’s baptism by immersion and the Lord’s Supper. Its purpose is to be God’s people in the world, ministering to people in His Name, leading others to faith in Jesus, and providing opportunities for worship, growth, fellowship and service.