The organ of 825 pipes was constructed in the 1870’s by The Hook and Hastings firm, on of the great organ builders worldwide. A person was hired to operate a bellows to force air through the organ pipes while the organist played. Later on a parishioner donated a motor to operate the bellows.
In 1939, the Women’s Circle transferred the organ’s ownership to the Church after they had maintained it for 69 years. In the 1950’s the church electrified the organ, added chimes and raised the number of pipes to about 1600.’
In 1967, the organ console was moved from the choir loft down to the front of the sanctuary because the organist could not hear what she was playing and could see the choir director.